More in this section...
Mathematics is a tool for everyday life. It is a whole network of concepts and relationships which provide a way of viewing and making sense of the world. It is used to analyse and communicate information and ideas and to tackle a range of practical tasks and real-life problems.
We aim for every child to leave New Park with:
- A positive attitude towards mathematics
- Competence and confidence in mathematical knowledge, concepts and skills
- The ability to solve problems, to reason, to think logically and to work systematically and accurately
- Initiative and the ability to work both independently and in cooperation with others
- The ability to use and apply mathematics across the curriculum and in real life;