More in this section...
At New Park, children’s mental and physical wellbeing are our first priority, and PSHE is one of the key vehicles through which we share this with the children. We regard PSHE as an integral component of the whole curriculum and day-to-day life at New Park.
Our PSHE programme promotes the children’s personal, social and economic development, as well as their health and wellbeing. It helps to give children the knowledge, skills and understanding they need to lead confident, healthy, independent lives and to become informed, active, responsible citizens.
Our PSHE curriculum is broad and balanced, ensuring that it:
- Promotes the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of our children;
- Prepares our children for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of later life;
- Provides information about keeping healthy and safe, mentally, emotionally and physically;
- Encourages our children to understand how all actions have consequences and how they can make informed choices to help themselves, others and the environment.
Relationships and Sex Education
Relationships and Sex Education (RSE) at New Park teaches children to:
- value themselves and their bodies
- foster respect, love and care of others
- understand and value stable and loving relationships (in the context of families, marriage and friends)
- respect the relationship decisions of others
RSE also includes learning about how the human body works, understanding the human life cycle and helping parents to prepare children for physical and emotional changes in their lives. We also teach children to keep themselves safe online and to make judgments about appropriate online behaviour.